Using CBD and Ashwagandha Together to Relieve Stress Ashwagandha. The world has flocked to this ancient medical herb. Over the past year, it has become increasingly popular as consumers look for Synergistic Effects Of CBD + Ashwagandha Ashawgandha has been utilized since ancient times. To date, it is one of the most popular medicinal herbs on the health and wellness market to enhance CBD + Ashwagandha by Irwin Naturals is derived from full spectrum hemp extract sourced in the USA. This formula is designed for stress modulation.
Using CBD and Ashwagandha Together to Relieve Stress
Ashwagandha. The world has flocked to this ancient medical herb. Over the past year, it has become increasingly popular as consumers look for natural, plant-based supplements that aid in stress relief and to help with anxiety.
In this article, we explore how you can use CBD and ashwagandha as a natural supplement in your stress relief routine.
What is ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha is a small shrub with yellow flowers that is most commonly found in India and parts of northern Africa. Ashwaganda’s scientific name is Withania somnifera. However, you might also hear ashwagandha referred to as Indian ginseng or winter cherry.
Does ashwagandha relieve stress?
Ashwagandha is classified as an adaptogen.
Adaptogens or adaptogenic substances are used in herbal medicine for the claimed stabilization of physiological processes and promotion of homeostasis. Source
In layman’s terms: Yes, ashwagandha can aid in stress relief. And in fact, it has been used as an ancient herbal medicine for more than 3,000 years.
Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha) is very revered herb of the Indian Ayurvedic system of medicine as a Rasayana (tonic). It is used for various kinds of disease processes and specially as a nerve tonic. Considering these facts many scientific studies were carried out and its adaptogenic / anti-stress activities were studied in detail. In experimental models it increases the stamina of rats during swimming endurance test and prevented adrenal gland changes of ascorbic acid and cortisol content produce by swimming stress.
Using ashwagandha as a stress relief aid
From the stresses at work to caring for children to everyday events that cause our blood to boil, consumers have started to turn to Ashwagandha.
Now, it’s already known and reported by users that CBD alone is a powerful anti-anxiety and stress-relieving cannabinoid found in the hemp plant.
Ashwagandha is just one more to add to the list, and it’s backed by multiple studies, as the herb has been used for centuries. Here are some more modern applications of ashwagandha as a stress relief aid:
- The treatment group that was given the high-concentration full-spectrum Ashwagandha root extract exhibited a significant reduction (P<0.0001) in scores on all the stress-assessment scales on Day 60, relative to the placebo group. Read more
- Seventy-five participants (93%) were followed for 8 or more weeks on the trial. Significant differences between groups were also observed in mental health, concentration, fatigue, social functioning, vitality, and overall quality of life with the NC group exhibiting greater clinical benefit. No serious adverse reactions were observed in either group. Read more
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled study was conducted to evaluate the efficacy an ethanolic extract of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), in patients with ICD-10 anxiety disorders. Statistical trends favoring the drug were observed at both time points. At 6 weeks, significantly more patients met a priori response criteria in the drug group (88.2%) as compared with the placebo group (50%). The drug was well-tolerated and did not occasion more adverse effects than did placebo. Read more
- It’s also linked to studies that report a reduction in cortisol levels. Lowering cortisol levels go hand-in-hand with reducing stress, calming your mind, and giving yourself a break. Read more
What are additional benefits of ashwagandha?
But it doesn’t just stop there. Ashwagandha has been linked to many more potential health benefits and uses, including…
- Fighting Depression
- Reducing Blood Sugar Levels
- Anti-Cancer Properties
- Boosts Testosterone, Helps Build Muscle
- Reduces Inflammation
- Improve Memory
- Lower Cholesterol
The herb has been a staple in many ancient cultures and has now been adopted into modern use, growing substantially over the past year.
Using CBD and ashwagandha together
At Moonwlkr, we are familiar with how much relief CBD has provided with our users. So it was a no-brainer to combine these two powerful herbs together.
We’ve taken Full Spectrum CBD and infused it with Ashwagandha to deliver the best of both worlds. While both can provide powerful anti-stress relief, no two plants are the same. CBD and ashwagandha can be a powerful – but natural – combination to incorporate as part of your stress aid routine.
Here’s a study on how CBD contributed to better sleep and a calmer mind:
A crossover study comparing CBD with nitrazepam found that high-dose CBD at 160 mg increased the duration of sleep. Another crossover study showed that plasma cortisol levels decreased more significantly when given oral CBD, 300 to 600 mg, but these patients experienced a sedative effect. The higher doses of CBD that studies suggest are therapeutic for anxiety, insomnia, and epilepsy may also increase mental sedation. Read more
Can you take CBD and ashwagandha together?
Yes, there is no evidence that taking CBD and ashwagandha together is unsafe. You can absolutely try taking CBD tincture and an ashwagandha supplement in measured doses together. But there is an easier way. Our team of expert chemists have combined these two powerful herbs into a single delicious gummy.
The CBD and Ashwagandha gummy is designed to potentially help reduce your stress and anxiety.
How should I dose ashwagandha and CBD together?
Moonwlkr CBD and ashwagandha gummies have 25mg CBD and 150mg ashwagandha for users to receive maximum benefits from both herbs.
For the best results for you, we recommend taking a single gummy for 30-60 days and analyzing and measuring your own experience while finding the ideal dosage. Then, you can experiment with how it feels to take slightly more or less.
You can incorporate these gummies for a consistent use on a daily basis. Or, try incorporating a larger dose when you’re anticipating more stress or anxiety.
About the Shop
MoonWlkr was born out of the curiosity to push the boundaries of what is truly possible with hemp. By combining award-winning terpenes and natural flavors in unique, custom blends we explore new dimensions of taste, balance, and euphoria for all cannabinoids. Enjoy the ride.
Synergistic Effects Of CBD + Ashwagandha
Ashawgandha has been utilized since ancient times. To date, it is one of the most popular medicinal herbs on the health and wellness market to enhance brain function and combat symptoms of anxiety and depression. In India, the herb is used in the practice known as Rasayana, which promotes rejuvenation of the body and mind to restore balance and energy. It is highly valuable for its many beneficial properties. When combined with CBD or cannabidiol, the synergistic effects of the ashwagandha are enhanced. Ashwagandha heightens the therapeutic benefits of both the hemp derived CBD and the ashwagandha herbs to make each far more effective than when taken individually.
The root of the ashwagandha herb is considered in many cultures, especially in Eastern holistic cultures, to be a healing plant necessary for apothecary of Ayurvedic medicine. The wisdom of the Ayurvedic traditions is highly recognized and respected to date by modern scientists. In fact, modern science has confirmed that the Ayurvedic knowledge of the ashwagandha herb has greatly contributed to current therapeutic practices for anxiety and depression. The herb shares several characteristics with the cannabidiol compound. Both have been found to help alleviate stress and promote calmness and relaxation to ultimately ease the body and mind.
CBD and ashwagandha are unrelated botanically. However, when combined with each other, both create synergistic effects. The root of the ashwagandha herb has been used to improve brain function including memory, focus, anxiety relief and pain and inflammation relief. CBD Oilhas also been found to promote the same therapeutic support.
Is Taking Ashwagandha Daily Safe?
Ashwagandha has been taken as a favorable nutritional supplement for the past 3,000 years. It has consistently been proven as a safe and effective nutrient for daily use. When taken in doses ranging from 250-500 MG per day, ashwagandha can effectively help balance body and mind. It’s critical to note that, as with most nutritional supplements, ashwagandha should be avoided by pregnant or breastfeeding women as well as those on certain medications or with autoimmune disorders. To verify whether you can reap the benefits of this nutrient, be sure to consult with your physician prior. If you are able to take it, your daily amount may vary based on your own individual symptoms and desired goals.
Ashwagandha is often used to manage, support and aid in the following:
Therapeutic Benefits Of The Ashwagandha Herb
The Ashwagandha herb has traditionally been used as a natural, holistic remedy and ailment for stress relief, pain and anxiety. In addition, the herb has been found to elevate physiological functions making it quite similar to CBD processes. Akin to cannabidiol, ashwagandha shares numerous therapeutic benefits including the following:
CBD and Ashwagandha Synergistic Effects
When taken daily, it’s no secret that CBD as a natural, therapeutic supplement combined with the incredibly beneficial properties of the ashwagandha root creates synergistic effects that help enhance the body and mind. In fact, when you use high-quality, safe and organic CBD products from brands such as Balance CBD or Dani Pepper along with Ashwagandha daily, your health and wellness routine can become fully fortified and promote full synergetic effects. Both CBD and ashwagandha work in conjunction to enhance therapeutic effects and ultimately reduce pain and inflammation, stress and anxiety and help treat certain chronic disorders. These natural allies are the most non-invasive, natural way to combat these issues without any debilitating side effects.
Double The Solution: CBD and Ashwagandha For Stress and Anxiety
Individually, both CBD and ashwagandha acts as highly effective natural stress relievers. Therefore, when paired together, their anti-stress and anxiety properties are ten fold. Ashwagandha functions via a system known as hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis (HPA axis) which allows the herb to promote homeostasis through hormonal regulation by balancing cortisol levels. Exhaustion induced stress is one of the best issues Ashwagandha can manage.
CBD naturally alleviates stress and anxiety through the endocannabinoid system (ECS) which is located in the paralimbic and limbic areas of the brain which control sleep, mood, cognitive function and immune response. ECS is much more sensitive to alterations in the internal balance and CBD is the most effective to help alleviate anxiety. When ashwagandha and CBD are taken together, both supplements can effectively address all potential stress-inducers and enhance the performance of each other.
Combating Chronic Pain With CBD And Ashwagandha
There are numerous painkillers and inhibitors available on the market. Unfortunately, many of these pharmaceuticals have been linked to long-term harmful effects to the body and mind. As a completely non psychoactive, nontoxic, natural and organic compound, CBD is safe, toxic-free and does not lead to any seriously harmful or long term side effects. That is why it is considered much safer than some prescription painkillers. CBD activates the vanilloid receptors to reconfigure and reduce the pain signals which ultimately increases pain tolerance naturally.
Although ashwagandha’s pain control properties are not as analgesic as CBD, when taken with CBD, both compounds can work to combat chronic pain more swiftly.
Get CBD and Ashwagandha Synergy With The Right Products
If you’re interested in putting that synergistic effect to work to improve your mind and body, finding the right products is vital. Balance CBD and Dani Pepper’s Calm Package contains a 1x Natural Full Spectrum 2500MG, 1x Orange Dreamsicle 10 pack and 1x Dani Pepper Sleepytime 10 pack. These specialized products help soothe and settle the body and mind to promote calmness and relaxation. Additionally, the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties promote the entourage effect to melt away pain and irritation.When taken with your ashwagandha supplement of choice, Balance CBD products optimize the therapeutic benefits your mind, body and soul deserve.
1. The Free Dictionary By Farlex, Rasayana. 2021. Available at: rasayana
2. Petre, Alina MS, RD (NL). Ashwagandha Dosage: How Much Should You Take per Day? 2018. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ashwagandha-dosage
3. Chandrasekhar K, Kapoor J, Anishetty S. A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults.Indian J Psychol Med. 2012 Jul;34(3):255-62. doi: 10.4103/0253-7176.106022.PMID: 23439798; PMCID: PMC3573577.
4. Singh N, Bhalla M, De Jager P, et al. An Overview on Ashwagandha: A Rasayana (Rejuvenator) of Ayurveda. 2011; 8(5 Suppl): 208–213.Published online 2011 Jul 3. doi: 10.4314/ajtcam.v8i5S.9
5. Ambiye V.R, Langade D, Dongre S, et al. Clinical Evaluation of the Spermatogenic Activity of the Root Extract of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) in Oligospermic Males: A Pilot Study.2013; 2013: 571420. Published online 2013 Nov 28. doi: 10.1155/2013/571420
6. Dr. Dave. Ashwagandha Improves Sexual Functioning and Satisfaction In Women. 2016. Available at: https://www.integrativepsychiatry.net/ashwagandha-improves-sexual-functioning-and-satisfaction-in-women/.
7. Lopresti L. A PhD, Smith S MA, Hakeedmudin A MBBS, MD et al. An investigation into the stress-relieving and pharmacological actions of an ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) extract. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. September 2019 – Volume 98 – Issue 37 – p e17186 doi: 10.1097/MD.0000000000017186.
8. Raut A, Rege N, Tadvi F, et al. Exploratory study to evaluate tolerability, safety, and activity of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) in healthy volunteers.2012 Jul;3(3):111-4. doi: 10.4103/0975-9476.100168
9. Nourish by WedMD. Health Benefits of Ashwagandha. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-ashwagandha#1.
10. Sayed A, DR. 11 Proven Health Benefits Of Ashwagandha. 2020. Available at: https://www.bensnaturalhealth.com/blog/general-health/ashwagandha-benefits/#f-h2-9.
11. DiPasquale R, ND. Effect of Ashwagandha on Tests of Cognitive and Psychomotor Performance. Review of a prospective, double-blind, multi-dose, placebo-controlled, crossover study. 2014. Available at: https://www.naturalmedicinejournal.com/journal/2014-05/effect-ashwagandha-tests-cognitive-and-psychomotor-performance.
12. Palliyaguru D, Singh S, Kensler T. Withania somnifera: from prevention to treatment of cancer. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2016 Jun; 60(6): 1342–1353.Published online 2016 Jan 29. doi: 10.1002/mnfr.201500756
CBD +ASHWAGANDHA can provide you the daily performance and wellness advantage you’ve been looking for. * Use this product daily for optimal results. * Each serving contains 30 mg CBD and 450 mg per bottle.
Cannabinoids are naturally produced in our bodies. They act on the endocannabinoid system, which regulates pain, mood, memory, stress-response, immune function, sleep, appetite and a host of other things. Supplementing with CBD, a plant-based cannabinoid, may have a beneficial impact on this system. * We use 3rd party testing to ensure THC levels are at trace amounts of less than 0.3%.
CBD +ASHWAGANDHA combines the dynamic plant chemistry found in Full-Spectrum Hemp extract with a powerful Ashwagandha extract known as SENSORIL.
SENSORIL ® is a patented preparation of the Ashwagandha plant that harnesses the unique phytochemistry found in both its leaves and roots. SENSORIL Ashwagandha extract has been shown to: